The World Affairs Council of Western Massachusetts will present a panel on The Refugee Experience in Western Massachusetts on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at the Elms College Alumnae Library Theater, 291 Springfield Street in Chicopee, Massachusetts from 7:00-9:00 PM.
This program is free and open to the public. The Instant Issues series is sponsored by Bacon & Wilson, PC, Charista Construction, Sir Speedy, and Wilbraham & Monson Academy.
Panelists will include refugees who live and work in Western Massachusetts, employers and other state and local groups who work with refugees here.
Confirmed participants include:
- Susannah Crolius, Coordinator of Outreach and Resource Development at the Western Massachusetts Refugee and Immigrant Consortium (moderator)
- Sudarson Gautam, a refugee from Bhutan and an Occupational therapist at the Chapin Center
- Emil Farjo, a refugee from Iraq and Business Development Specialist for the Microenterprise Development Program of Lutheran Social Services of New England
- Ted Barber, Founder & CEO of Prosperity Candle
- Colleen Marcus, Principal of the Coburn School
This event is part of the Welcoming Massachusetts/Welcoming America’s series This Place We Call Home: Refugee and Immigrant Neighbors in Greater Springfield.
For more information about the panel, please call the World Affairs Council at 413-733-0110.